Direct Support Professional
Full time, Part time
Ohio Valley Residential Services (OVRS) employees are committed to enriching the lives of the people we serve. They make a difference by sharing their unique talents. They help our clients to not only have great days, but to build great lives. By working at OVRS, you can be a mentor, coach, and teacher to the wonderful people we serve. As they inspire you, you will find yourself growing professionally and personally as well.
We are currently hiring a Direct Support Professional (DSP) in the Cincinnati area.
OVRS has 20+ group homes sites within Hamilton County. We are regularly hiring for the DSP position. Applying for this position allows us to target you for jobs open within this range of hours. Hours are afternoon and weekends. There are some positions with night hours.
As the Direct Support Professional, you will be responsible for:
• Contributing to a supportive home-like environment in accordance with the principles of Person Centered Planning.
• Meeting the physical, social and psychological needs of the residents.
• Providing experiences that allow the resident to develop to his/her fullest potential in areas of self-direction, independent living, self-care, self-sufficiency, language learning and mobility utilizing the My Plan structure.
• Reporting to the Home Coordinator.
• Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
• Valid driver license and ability to pass OVRS fleet insurability requirements.
• Ability to pass employment standards as defined by the Ohio Revised Code
• Must be 19 years or older with a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
• Must obtain and maintain certification in Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR and other training as per the needs of the individuals supported.
• Must be physically able to and capable of assisting with the physical needs of residents, including lifting a minimum of 50lbs.; driving during day and night conditions; frequently climbing stairs; participating in resident recreational programs; and providing other physical assistance as needed.
• Ability to monitor and provide for the safety and health needs of the individuals supported by OVRS.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to individuals with disabilities, including, but not limited to developmental and physical disabilities.
• Ability to promote independence through physical and social integration into the community.
• Ability to participate and give feedback in a team process to develop My Plan goals for individuals.
• Ability to carry out My Plan and assist individuals to achieve those goals.
• Ability to follow a prepared schedule and supervised routine.
• Ability to complete written documents in a clear and timely fashion.
• Attend staff meetings and training as required by the needs of the individuals supported by OVRS.
• Ability to monitor and assess the condition of property and equipment and report safety issues to the appropriate person as needed.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures of OVRS.
You must be committed to the OVRS mission, vision, and value statements, as described below:
OVRS Mission Statement
• To enrich the lives of persons with developmental disabilities and their families by providing individually focused services, safe environments, and opportunities for integration into their communities.
OVRS Value Statement
• To enable persons with developmental disabilities to flourish; OVRS provides individually focused, compassionate, safe and quality services with the highest ethical standards.
OVRS Vision Statement
• To be flexible in order to grow and adapt to the evolving needs of persons with developmental disabilities.
Starting wage is $10.40/hr. Night hours are paid @ $8.30 if you are scheduled to sleep during the span.
These positions in this category all have night hours: if night hours are at the awake rate, it is the employee's regular rate of pay; if the employee is scheduled at the sleep rate, it is $8.15/hr.
Please indicate on your application the number of hours you are seeking and availability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.